Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Homemade Summer Slushy





 Lately, as the weather permits, L and I have been, on occasion, making little treks to the near by SevenEleven for a icy treat. Instant summer memories are brought back every time I treat my son and I to one. And I can't help but like the instant smiles that comes with it, even though I could do with out the coloring and high fructose corn syrup.

Actually, those two ingredients weigh heavy on my mind as we sip and slurp away at the frozen goodness. Not to mention the constant asking to go out and get one. Like.every.single.day. So I made my own version, with just two ingredients.

 Two Servings

Super ripe(almost over-ripe) frozen strawberries- 1 1/2- 2 cups
Strawberry Lemonade (or any lemonade you choose) 2 cups
Blender

Blend until smooth.



I rescued some strawberries that were almost to the point of no return by freezing them. They were so full of juice and colored deep red that I knew I had to do something quick or else in the trash they would go. Turns out that they were perfect for this recipe. I didn't have to add any sugar, and the end product had such a great froth to it. Slurp!
L loved it and it hit the spot. Making it with any fruit you like would be easy and if you need a little sugar I think honey would do the trick.


Happy Summer Slushies everyone!
Danielle


2 comments:

  1. That sounds so yummie!! We will try!!

    ps. Want to join a growing bloggerscommunity? To unite bloggers!!
    Join us at:
    http://themblogideas.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/themblogideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I love your all your Refashions! I blog at Blissful and Domestic. I just started a Refashion Blogger Link List. I would love for you to link up your blog. Thanks so much!

    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/p/re-fashion-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear your thoughts, idea's, questions, and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments that are tasteless or has nothing to do with the post topic (spam).